Our goal at Nicklin Way Veterinary Surgery is simple “extraordinary service and first-class pet care – experienced care for you and your pet”. We accomplish this by educating our clients about their pet’s condition and offering the best possible treatment as our first option. Our pets’ needs are met and so are our clients.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Provide a welcoming and professional atmosphere for clients with exceptional customer service, face to face and over the phone.
- Educate clients on gold standard care of their pets including flea and tick prevention.
- Book appointments and surgeries.
- Cash handling, eftpos, finance and bank reconciliation.
- Follow up texts and emails to improve client retention.
- General Housekeeping of reception area, keeping a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Merchandising and sales
- Assist vet nurses if and when necessary
Our receptionists are a vital part of our dynamic team and are often the first and last face our clients will see; a successful candidate will possess a friendly and professional disposition and will be able to flourish in a fast paced, team environment.
The position will be 4 days a week (36-38 hours) including some weekend work. To be successful in this application we do require some of the following skills:
- Cert IV Veterinary Nursing or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a receptionist in a veterinary practice.
- Neat and tidy presentation.
- Exceptional communication skills and impeccable phone manner.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and determine clients and team members’ needs and requirements.
- Ability to work and learn at a fast pace.
- Experience using RX Works software an advantage but not necessary.
- Ability to work some weekends.
Nicklin Way Veterinary Surgery is a purpose built facility supplying Gold standard care for our clients and patients. As one of the largest veterinary surgeries on the Sunshine Coast we are able to offer our clients a wide range of state of the art health options. As leaders in the industry we have a dedicated team of experienced vets, vet nurses and receptionists. We understand the importance of each role and how they can impact on the experience of our clients and the team.
If you would like to join a vibrant, client and patient centric team please forward your cover letter and resume to the below email:
Phone: 07 5493 2655
At Nicklin Way Veterinary Surgery we are committed to providing job satisfaction for our staff. We provide a stimulating working environment and encourage continuing education. Flexible working hours are provided where required.
Although job vacancies are infrequent, we are happy to accept CVs from enthusiastic, dependable, hard-working people who wish to join our team. Your CV can be submitted via email@example.com.
For educational requirements, we recommend:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, or equivalent degree recognised in Australia.
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland Registration.
- Queensland Radiation Health veterinary diagnostic radiography use licence.
- Previous experience in veterinary industry preferred.
- Must be a ‘people-person’ who enjoys working with a diverse range of people and is caring, friendly and efficient.