Reproduction and Breeding
Note: If you are a registered CCC(Q) member, please contact Nicklin Way Veterinary Surgery for prices.
We offer the following general services to all clients wishing to breed their pets:
- Discounted puppy litter vaccinations at 6, 9 and 12 weeks of age:
- Discounted microchipping
- Hip/Elbow scoring.
We offer the following reproductive services to all clients wishing to breed their pets:
- Vaginal smears/vaginoscopy (to assist with Ovulation timing)
- Progesterone assays
- Semen collection and analysis (essential prior to AI or chilling/freezing)
- Chilling semen
- Pregnancy ultrasound
- Elective Caesarian
- Emergency Afterhours Caesarian
- Nicklin Way Veterinary Surgery is AQIS Accredited for live animal and semen export.
Many breeds of dogs are genetically predisposed to hip and elbow dysplasia. In order to reduce susceptibility of these conditions, the CCC(Q) recommends certain breeds require hip/elbow scoring prior to breeding. This includes full general anaesthetic, digital radiographs and scoring with Dr Lavelle. A copy of the radiographs for your records can be supplied.
In 2000, the Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) and the Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC) established the Canine Hip and Elbow Dysplasia Scheme (CHEDS) to reduce hip and elbow disease in registered pure bred dogs.
If you would like PennHip Scoring, we can arrange this through North Coast Veterinary Specialists.